What Not To Do
- We probably made every SEO mistake, let us show you what not do do 🙂
- Do not create test sites with the same name
- Google will not know which site is the main one, and in our case, will choose the test site to list first
- Now we have to use redirects until Google figures out the difference
- Do not use Auto Post plugins
- Auto Post clutters search with meaningless titles, and stick in search results after you delete them
- Do not post queries using your site name, unless you want to advertise your stupidity in search results
What To Do
- Make Google Search Console your friend
- Get a SEO plugin that creates sitemaps and scores your entries, we use Rank Math
- Rank Math allows 5 free keywords vs. 1 with Yoast – and it is free
- Learn how to write snippets, keywords, titles, urls, and alt text
- Create original content at least once a week, with links
- Use a Table of Contents
- Write content in list form
What the Experts Say
- Bhanu from Rank Math was kind enough to share the info below:
- “Please note that ranking on Google depends on so much more than just your on-page optimization.
- You could have the perfect article and still struggle to break the top 10 in SERPs.
- Here are some of the factors Google considers when ranking you:
- Your website’s authority
- Your content’s quality and how better it is than the other article currently ranking.
- How competitive the keyword is.
- How many backlinks you have and if they are better than what the other guys ranking for that keyword have.
- Your website’s crawlability.
- Frequency of new content and content updates.
- So much more that there is a dedicated blog post on it by Brian Dean: https://backlinko.com/google-
- I would recommend that you keep at it and work on acquiring more links to break into the top SERPs.”